The last stage went quicker than I expected. I found the appropriate brushes in procreate so did not have to go hunting too far. For this painting I painted the background layer black before creating my petal layer. Here I used the round painter brush laying the different colours down in patches being careful to go in the same directions of the petals. The blending is what has given them the 3D effect. I then created the layer for the stamens and pollen. For the stamens I used the water setting in the elements brush. I used 3 different colours overlapping till I got the result I was after. No blending needed for this part. I then used the inking brush with yellow and orange
Zilpa van der Gragt.