Wow this was a real effort. I ended up mixing the colours on the actual card as I painted using the stylus. I did the background first avoiding the bird area with a small trowel like nib, then the bird I did with the drawing nib. The hardest thing is to stop the colours from bleeding where you don't want them to. Not too bad an effort without instruction.
I am trying to get more reality into my encaustic paintings, using the iron and stylus. It is a lot of fun and from what I can see the possibilities are endless.
Here's my new medium which arrived in the mail today. Along with my first attempt. I did this with the iron.
This is a digital painting of a photo I took at Normanville last week. The layers feature in the app is very useful.
Zilpa van der Gragt.